Okay that’s a personal opinion but they are my absolute favourite cookies! Now the recipe does make about 400 small cookies because it was given to me by a pastry chef, naturally. But you can obviously half it if you don’t feel like eating 400 cookies!
1kg plain flour
500g caster sugar
450g light brown sugar
30g of baking powder
A splash of milk
I used 1700g of chocolate… you can split that however you like dependent on your favourite type
Now, a typical kitchen electric whisk is not going to last very long (I blew my motor pretty much) so either roll your sleeves up and get stuck in or invest in the professional whisk machines.
- Mix the butter and both sugars before anything else.
- Add in the egg yolks and mix.
- Add the butter
- Soft in the flour by 250g at a time
- Add the splash of milk (optional)
- Cut up the chocolate chunks however you want
- Bake at 180 for about 15 min and enjoy!
You can also freeze these and eat them later which is obviously a bonus. Had a bad day? Cookie. Period? Cookie.